Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tourists in NYC

Now that we've settled into the new year with our "resolutions" and super cold weather, I figured I would post some pics of a happier time - our trip to NYC before Christmas!  John and I were able to get away the weekend before Christmas and spend some time being touristy in NYC.  We had a great time walking around the city, hitting all the tourist spots, and eating great food.  Our first night in the city we stumbled upon a little pizzeria that was delicious!

Saturday we went to Times Square, Rockefeller Center to see the tree, and even went for a carriage ride through Central Park.  I will not admit that the carriage ride was not as cool as I thought, because I convinced John to do it, but I probably won't be going again.  Ah well, gotta try everything once.
In Times Square
I think one of our favorite things was going to the top of the Empire State Building.  I had never been up there before and the views were awesome.

We also saw Lion King while we were in NYC!  It was AMAZING!  It was definitely the best show I've seen, and even John will admit that he liked it - that says something.  The show was great, the costumes were unbelievable and they even sold signature cocktails in sippy cups.  It doesn't get any better.

On Sunday, we finally succeeded in having someone take our picture in front of the tree and then went on a tour of NBC Studios.  We ended our super touristy NYC trip by having lunch with my friend Charlene in SoHo.  We had a great time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment