Thursday, September 23, 2010

My middle name should be decision-maker

Clearly we all know that is false.  And I'd like to say that I've been more decisive when it comes to planning the wedding, but that would just be a lie.  Being less than a year out, we've already had to make some decisions, and while I feel great about them, they certainly weren't easy.  The only easy decision was saying yes to marrying John (awwww).


The first four months were spent enjoying the excitement of being engaged and delaying the stress of making decisions.  Fredericksburg v. Charlottesville, indoor v. outdoor, etc.  We must have visited 8 or more reception venues (I'm surprised John didn't call it off then) and went back and forth on what location would be best.  They were all GREAT, but ultimately we chose a vineyard in Charlottesville, and it's perfect.

So the date is set - August 27, 2011, we got the UVA chapel in the lottery, and we're looking forward to a wonderful wedding weekend in Charlottesville.  Date - done, location - done, reception venue - done, photographer - done, band - done.  Booyah!  Don't say I never make decisions. :)

We're so excited and feel its so fitting for us as a couple - we love Charlottesville and we love wine.  Not to mention King Family was the the last stop on our wine tour before getting engaged (more to come on that story later)!  In the meantime, here's a sneak peek of the beautiful reception location...


View looking out the back of the building


I've taken a little break from the wedding planning recently, but it's time to get back on my "A" game.  I'll keep yall updated on the progress until we get the actual wedding website up and running (ahem, John).  Up next, engagement pics in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment