Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Fun

While my nephews were in town we all took a trip to Graves Mountain Lodge Apple Festival and the Belvedere Pumpkin Patch (the pumpkin patch my sister and I went to every year growing up).  I must say the apple festival wasn't the best idea I've ever had.  I've wanted to pick apples the last few years, but haven't had the chance.  I figured what better than an apple festival - wrong.  The place was packed and all of the apple trees were pretty much picked over.  There's always next year I suppose...

Attempted photo #10 (they're both ALMOST looking at the camera)
Trying to get a pic with both boys paying attention is harder than it seems
The boys were ready to pick pumpkins, too bad we were at the wrong place
Pretend apple picking
In the apple orchard
The pumpkin patch was definitely more of a success.  I love taking the hay ride out to pick our pumpkins, it reminds me of when we were little and would go pick our pumpkins, ride the zip line, and play in the hay barn.  Parker had a great time - there was face painting, and a petting zoo, and tractors, and pig races, you get the picture.  And I would show you pictures, except that I forgot my camera and my sister's died.  So these few pictures will have to do.
Riding out to pick our pumpkins
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment